Honolulu Car Accident Attorney
The Auto Accident Attorney You Need After a Serious Injury
Auto accidents can be incredibly detrimental to you and your family. You do, however, have rights after an accident and may be eligible to file a claim for compensation. When should you contact an attorney after a car accident in Honolulu? It is important you work quickly to protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve. Daniel T. Pagliarini and his Honolulu based team can help.
Contact our Honolulu personal injury attorney today!
What to Do After a Car Accident
As soon as possible after a car accident, you should:
- Take down the contact information of the involved parties and witnesses
- Report the accident to police but do not admit guilt
- Seek medical attention, even if you are not in pain or do not think you have been seriously injured
- Take pictures of the scene of the crash when it is safe to do so
- Document and take pictures of your injuries
- Document how the accident has affected your everyday life
- Keep a record of lost income, including time off work, a change in duties, or a loss of your job
- Keep receipts of related expenses, including hospital bills and any repairs to your vehicle
- Contact our Honolulu car accident attorney for a free, no-obligation claim review
Is Hawaii a No-Fault State?
Do not assume that you were at fault. Many factors are involved when determining fault, and there may be circumstances involved which you are not aware of.
Elements of fault include:
- Traffic laws
- Defective vehicles
- Defective or faulty traffic signals or signage
- Driver impairment
If you receive a ticket that does not mean you are at fault. Always talk to an attorney before paying any fines or pleading guilty. You could hurt your case by doing this or open the opportunity for the other driver to sue you.
Hawaii Car Insurance Laws
Insurance companies will often try to play on your emotions and offer a quick settlement. They do this in an attempt to pay an amount less than you are entitled to. Call the Daniel T. Pagliarini Attorney at Law and speak with an experienced attorney before accepting any kind of offer. If you accept the offer you give up your right to pursue the matter further.
Insurance companies may also try to get your medical records. Never turn this information over without speaking to an attorney first. Remember that just because they ask for something does not necessarily mean you have to comply. In some cases, you will be required to provide medical records, but giving over too much information can hurt your case.
Sadly, the other driver may not have been insured. If your policy includes “uninsured motorist coverage” then your insurance will cover your injuries if the other driver was at fault. Collision coverage will cover damage to your vehicle no matter who was at fault. If the other driver has no insurance and you have no applicable uninsured motorist coverage you can try to sue them, but even if you win you may never get paid.
It is absolutely worth hiring an experienced attorney to help get you the settlement you deserve. If you have or a loved one has been in an auto accident in Honolulu or anywhere in Hawaii, call Attorney Daniel Pagliarini.
Contact us at (808) 400-7248 and schedule your free case evaluation and consultation today. Get an experienced Honolulu car accident attorney on your side!